British Safety Industry Federation – Why should your business join?
As members of The British Safety Industry Federation, Troy UK sees first hand the value membership brings. By choosing to become a member of the BSIF we are recognising that health and safety is of paramount importance and want to encourage all members seeking a competitive advantage in the PPE market place to consider BSIF membership;
- Give buyers and end users confidence in your supply chain diligence when it comes to PPE.
- keep up to date with how to remain compliant in a changing regulatory environment.
- Provide yourself peace of mind in an ever increasingly litigious world
- Indicate your credibility in the PPE marketplace
- Compete confidently as an independent distributor at a national distributor level through displaying your BSIF Safe Supplier Shield.
All Troy UK members considering selling PPE should reflect on the importance of BSIF membership for the following reasons…
Win more business
End users and businesses seeking tender fulfilment often use British Safety Industry Federation website to research and source an accredited supply chain as they know those listed are trustworthy and compliant suppliers, alleviating the need to trawl for compliant suppliers.
De-risking your business, become part of BSIF
Particularly with overseas suppliers, you may be victim to a golden sample at first, or indeed your overseas supplier could cheapen the product to improve their margins over time. To police this is a very important job and could be time consuming and expensive to your business. Becoming a member of BSIF will take care of this for you.
Get the internal business systems in place to remain compliant when selling PPE by default through membership to the BSIF.
New legislation came about in 2016 evolving from a loose directive, outlining that responsibility lies with all ECONOMIC OPERATORS to comply with PPE supply chain standards. The new terminology ‘ALL ECONOMIC OPERATORS’ now places responsibility for compliance throughout the entire supply chain manufacturer, wholesaler to distributor. To keep you compliant and your business away from risk, BSIF membership will provide spot checks of products and on site checks.
As part of the BSIF membership and it’s registered Safety Supplier Scheme you will get
1. To affiliate to the BSIF accreditation shield.
2. Receive an annual spot test of products
3. A BSIF Representative completing a regulatory obligations check sheet on site (usually 1.5 hours signed off by both parties)
4. Members can proudly display their Shield Logo indicating Supplier Credibility, providing another necessary tool for a smaller independent distributors to complete at a national / big business level.
5. The opportunity to put your customer facing staff on a Safe Supplier Accreditation Course which is an Ofqual level 2 publicly recognised course. Free for the first ten Troy members!
6. Send a clear message to your customers / end users that you take safety in supply chain seriously and are a reputable sustainable partner.
So how can I get involved?
Competitive fee structures with discounts for Troy Members
Speak with Wendy Perkins or Sarah Revell at Troy UK to discover the value you can add to your business with a BSIF membership.