Another BSIF Import & Export Course On 7th December – Members Don’t Miss Out!
In response to the large member demand BSIF have arranged a second date for the training course on Import & Export essentials. This will be taking place on 7th December 2021, 10am – 3.30pm, please email BSIF team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for you or a member of your staff.
Copies of the slides used on the course will be provided to each delegate as a workbook for future reference. The one-day course will take place online and a link will be sent upon registration.
The training course will be delivered by our partners from Strong and Herd Import and Export services. The cost of the training course is £85 +VAT per person. This price has been subsidised by BSIF for BSIF members. Please register as soon as possible to ensure your participation.
• THE IMPORT PROCESS: Key points to consider
• IMPORT CLEARANCE: The Customs Declaration, the information required. Payments to HMRC at Import.
• FOCUS ON COMMODITY CODES: The format of the code. The UK Tariff and the requirements of Import Duty / VAT. Product specific examples. An overview of the rules of tariff classification and details of HMRC assistance to enable the trader to classify correctly
• VALUATION OF GOODS: Valuation rules. Why an accurate valuation is important, what needs to be included in the value for duty and VAT payments
• THE EXPORT PROCESS: Your responsibilities, Proof of Export
• GOODS ON THE MOVE: Transport options. Working with Freight Forwarders and Carriers
• INCOTERMS® 2020 RULES: Understanding what Incoterms do and do not do. An overview of each rule. Import and Export considerations
• ORIGIN RULES: Understanding the differences between Non-Preferential and Preferential Origin and their role in trade compliance
• CUSTOMS PROCEDURE CODES (CPC): Why goods are being Exporting or Imported
• DOCUMENTS & RECORD KEEPING: Key documents examined and explained
• WORKING WITH HMRC : Trade Compliance at Export and Import
• TRADING WITH NORTHERN IRELAND: An overview of the regulations
To register for this training course please send an email to email@example.com detailing the names and email addresses of those from your company that wish to attend.